By Diane Bolger
- Provides the main up to date, complete insurance of gender archaeology, with an particular specialise in prehistory
- Offers serious overviews of advancements within the archaeology of gender during the last 30 years, in addition to exams of present traits and clients for destiny research
- Focuses on fresh 3rd Wave methods to the learn of gender in early human societies, demanding heterosexist biases, and investigating the interfaces among gender and prestige, age, cognition, social reminiscence, performativity, the physique, and sexuality
- Features a variety of local and thematic themes authored by way of proven experts within the field, with incisive assurance of gender learn in prehistoric and protohistoric cultures of Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas and the Pacific
Read Online or Download A Companion to Gender Prehistory (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar archaeology books
Accomplished in 1653, Father Bernabe Cobo's Historia del Nuevo Mundo is a crucial resource of data on pre-conquest and colonial Spanish the United States. although elements of the paintings are actually misplaced, the remainder sections which were translated supply worthwhile insights into Inca tradition and Peruvian background.
The secret of the striking backyard of Babylon is a thrilling tale of detection related to legends, professional decipherment of old texts, and a shiny description of a little-known civilization. acknowledged in precedent days as one of many Seven Wonders of the area, the mythical striking backyard of Babylon and its situation nonetheless is still a secret steeped in shadow and confusing myths.
For an entire month within the autumn of 1812 the 2,000-strong garrison of the castle the French had built to overawe town of Burgos defied the Duke of Wellington. during this paintings a number one historian of the Peninsular groups up with a number one clash archaeologist to check the explanations for Wellington's failure.
Knowing cave in explores the cave in of old civilisations, corresponding to the Roman Empire, the Maya, and Easter Island. during this full of life survey, man D. Middleton seriously examines our rules approximately cave in - how we clarify it and the way we now have developed in all likelihood deceptive myths round collapses - displaying how and why cave in of societies used to be a way more advanced phenomenon than is frequently admitted.
- Hochmittelalterliche Kaufmannsiedlungen in der Niederlausitz und an der Schwarzen Elster als archäologische Problemstellung (German Edition)
- Archaeology at El Perú-Waka': Ancient Maya Performances of Ritual, Memory, and Power (Native Peoples of the Americas)
- The Return of the Serpents of Wisdom
- Rethinking Puerto Rican Precolonial History (Caribbean Archaeology and Ethnohistory)
Additional resources for A Companion to Gender Prehistory (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Gender Prehistory (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Diane Bolger